Job Title: Producer
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Location: Cape Town
The Producer is responsible for managing the production client experience alongside the guidance of the Programme Manager. This role manages the full project management function of course production and drives profitability for the business. Close communication with the Programme Manager, Traffic Manager and Team Lead will be integral for the efficiencies for both client and Lobster Ink and the success of this role.
● To draft accurate proposals, estimates and project budgets for production projects.
● To provide strong guidance to the Team Leads and production resources working on their projects to ensure that deadlines and budgets are consistently met.
● To deliver detailed project recon reports in an accurate and timely manner
● To encourage innovative thinking in their project teams and push team members to implement more effective ways of working that improve the timing and delivery of production outputs.
● To be highly solution-focused to lead client meetings when deemed appropriate by the Program Manager.
● To work closely with the Traffic Manager regarding the availability of resources to meet their client commitments.
● To provide feedback to the Programme Manager to give updates on the status of the production opportunity status
● To frequently liaise with the Program Manager as well as the Traffic manager to manage risk and proactively try to resolve any potential challenges and queries that might impact on the meeting of client deadlines
● To regularly liaise with client if applicable, Finance, Sales and Operations and the Lobster International team to keep them updated on course production progress and deadlines
● To take responsibility for the cost management of all assigned projects and ensure regular communication with the Finance department to keep updated on the financial status of accounts at all times
● To manage the production team when filming on location and ensure that all necessary administration, reporting and budget compliance is adhered to
● Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Account Executive / Producer with a proven track record in client engagement and retention
● Qualification or certification in marketing, hospitality or project management
● Agency experience would be an advantage
● Strong leadership presence and leadership skills will be a differentiator
Skills, knowledge and attributes
● Experience with both Microsoft Office and iWork suites as well as other project management programs required for execution
● Highly proficient in Excel or Numbers
● Strong proposal writing, pitch preparation and negotiation skills
● Advanced presentation and influencing skills with the ability to succinctly tell stories when presenting ideas
● Strong financial/commercial acumen and a strong focus on logistics (for scheduling and resourcing)
● Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders
● Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
● Excellent client relationship, interpersonal and communication skills
● Must have excellent ability to work with people within cross functional teams
● A systematic thinker who is confident, self motivated, articulate and practical
● A very high level of resilience and the ability to perform consistently under pressure
● An aptitude for identifying and solving problems
● A hands-on and professional approach with both clients and team members
● Able to quickly build rapport, credibility, and trust with prospective customers
● Confident communicator (good public speaker with excellent digital communications etiquette)